Question: What are the good and desired actions (specified) for the blessed month of Ramadhaan?
Response: The good and desired actions (specified) for Ramadhaan are many, amongst them (are): Taking care in performing that which Allaah has made obligatory in Ramadhaan and (the) other (months) from the salaah (prayer) and the fasting.
After that, increasing in the supererogatory (actions) from:
- • reading the Qur.aan;
- • (performance of) the taraaweeh prayer;
- • (performance of) the tahajjud (night) prayer;
- giving charity;
- i’tikaaf (seclusion in the masjid to worship Allaah);
- increasing in (the) remembrance (of Allaah);
- reciting subhaan-Allaah (glory be to Allaah), laa-ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is none truly worthy of worship except Allaah), Allaahu Akbar (Allaah is the Greatest);
- sitting in the masjid for the purpose of worship;
- protecting the fast from (all) that may invalidate it;
- keeping away from impermissible and disliked speech and actions.
Shaykh Ibn Fowzaan
Fataawa Ramadhaan – Volume 2, Page 741, Fatwa No. 751;
al-Muntaqaa min Fatawaa ash-Shaykh Saalih Ibn Fowzaan – Volume 3, Fatwa No. 156
Published: 26 December 1999