Bulugh al-Maraam Book of Fasting
- Class Title: Cupping/Hijaamah
– 49 Minutes · MP3
- Teacher: Dr. Saleh As-Saleh (rahimahullah) Understand-Islam.net
- Click play button below
- Hadith 540. Narrated Ibn ‘Abbâs رضى الله عنهما: The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم had himself cupped when he was wearing the Ihrâm (during Hajj or ‘Umrah) and had himself cupped when he was fasting. [Reported by al-Bukhari].
- Hadith 541. Narrated Shaddâd bin Aus رضى الله عنه: The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم came across a man in Al‑Baqi‘ who was being cupped in Ramadân. He said, “The one who cups and the one who is cupped have broken their fast.” [Reported by Al‑Khamsa except At‑Tirmidhi. Ahmad, Ibn Khuzaima and Ibn Hibbân graded it Sahih].
- Hadith 542. Narrated Anas رضى الله عنه: The first time when cupping – for one who is fasting – was disapproved was when: Ja‘far bin Abû-Tâlib had himself cupped while he was fasting; the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم came across him and said, “Both of these have broken their fast.” Afterwards, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم allowed cupping for one who is fasting. Anas used to have himself cupped when he was fasting. [Ad‑Dâraqutni reported it and declared it to be strong].
Up Next – bi’ithnillah, Unintentional eating or drinking
Previoiusly — Bad Deeds While Fasting & Controling Desire
Start building your knowledge of fasting with this great lecture from a class on fasting. Remember. Take notes! Use what you learn to create crossword puzzles, word finds, memory games, vocabulary flash cards, etc.